A BroaderWay Foundation (ABW)…created in 2010 by Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs…dedicated to offering girls from urban communities an outlet for self-expression and creativity through arts-centered programs. The emphasis is on building self-esteem, developing leadership qualities and striving for personal and social achievement.
We are Committed to
- Providing an opportunity for young girls from vulnerable communities, who would not otherwise have the opportunity, to experience the camp experience.
- Creating an environment where girls can take risks.
- Providing a free and non-judgmental setting for self-expression and creativity.
- Encouraging friendships and bonds.
- Fostering compassion and empathy for others.
- Designing programs to synergize the experience of camp with skills our campers need to become leaders, and leave a positive imprint on their schools, communities, and the world at large.
- Making a mutual four-year camp commitment with our campers in order to strengthen and nurture the experiences and insights acquired through the ABW program.
- Providing year-round activities for all the girls, which will further the principles of “possibility” through “perseverance.”
- Continuing our commitment to the girls after their camp experience by providing programs that will help the girls gain the skills needed to move forward with their goals.
- Working with youth advocates, leading educational/theatrical institutions and corporations who believe that the arts can have a direct impact on children and broaden their view of their individual potential.